Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 15, 2011

More Bottled Fairies

My sister, Amy came out for a short vacation begining of April.  She's crafty like me and I taught her how to make mini albums and bottled fairies.  We had such a great time.  2 days shopping/sight seeing and 2 days crafting.   We did manage to sleep and eat abit here and there. 
This is one of Amy's.  She's adopted a Mary Englebrite saying..."When all else fails, Twirl!"  She made the wire corkscrew and added the ruffles to make you think of tutus.  The background is even done in lines to give the feeling of motion.  SOO CUTE!

I finally caught the Shrink Fairy...You know the one that lives in your closet and sews all your clothes smaller!  She's perched on a wooden spool of thread and I tossed some thread and buttons in the bottom of the bottle.  She even had a threaded needle in her hand.  I glued the lace to the bottom to look like a doily and added buttons.  I cut apart a tape measure for the ribbon to fit the theme of this fairy.  Very happy to finally have caught her.  Maybe my clothes will fit better...lol

This one I made for my mom.  It's an old B/W photo of me!  Yep, I'm a fairy now!!!!( Well, I was covered with pixie glitter most of the weekend.)   I used glossy accents and glitter on my dress.  Added wings I'd printed on vellum paper.  Added pearl bling, daisies, bachlor buttons and butterflies.  All hold special meaning to me.    I think I'll search for other family members old photos to covert into fairies for special gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment