Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What Happened to 2012????

I can't believe I didn't post at all in 2012??? What the ???? I was here and still crafting.  Now I did retire from Krogers and moved to our TN lake house so I'd be closer to my mom (she's still 7 hours away) I was there a lot and up to KY several times.  I found a church and am very active with it.  I plan the crafts for our weekly kids club and am in charge of an ongoing quilt making project for the local area child services.  But I am still crafting. In fact, I have an ACTUALLY Craft Room!   I just haven't done much with Scrapbooking in a long time.  
Last winter Mom gave me the bug to crochet again.  I made several things.  I completed a kingsize bed runner in under a month.  I challenged myself to make myself a sweater.  I did it...well, it actually became a sweater VEST as I couldn't get the sleeves to fit.  Point was I did it and finished it!!!  That was my 2012 resolution to clear out all the unfinished projects I had.  I hadn't realized how many I had till I moved!  EEK!  BUT I did finish up some quilts and crafts I'd started.  And I'm pushing myself to complete things or if they're not working out, tear it apart.  Salvage what I can and go on.  No more holding onto half made things.

But soon as it got colder I went back to crocheting. This winter I'd found a wonderful pattern for hats by Repeat Crafter. So I made the grandkids some for Christmas. .
Then while surfing the web for more freebie patterns, I discovered Amigurumi! Wow! I had to try that. Here's a few of the things I've made. Feel free to ask me questions.  I'll have to look where I found the Minion pattern but I modified it some. If you're interested, I look it up and reveal my tweeks to the pattern.  Who doesn't want a Minion army?

 
 The fairy, gingerbread, and snowman are from the same pattern by Sharon at Amigurumi to Go. The Rose Fairy was for my Mom's 75th Birthday. (Her name is Rose)  The Garden Fairy is for my Baby sister's Birthday.  I love this pattern.  It's just the body but I keep coming up with ideas for it. I think my favorite is the gingerbreadmen.  What's yours?
                                                                               "Rosie"
                                                 Rosie, Ginger and the Garden Fairy "Ho" :)
Ginger and Manni
                                                                              Frosty

No comments:

Post a Comment